Chemical Risk Consultancy
Duty of Care with Chemical Risks
Every employer and employee has duty-of-care responsibilities to assess and manage the risks presented in the workplace. Working with chemical substances requires consideration of safety issues under industrial safety frameworks including, for example, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH), or equivalent legislation elsewhere.
Undertaking risk assessment is an essential part of complying with your regulatory obligations. Risk assessment is a pragmatic and systematic process to identify and manage potential health and safety hazards. The evaluation of risk should be made using the best available information, so that appropriate control strategies can be developed and implemented to eliminate or reduce the risk.
IOM is a leading provider of chemical risk assessment services, providing you with:
- A basis for responsible stewardship of chemical products and regulatory compliance;
- Foresight of emerging issues along the supply chain;
- Support for strategic decision-making, investment, market access, product developments & business risk management.
Our services include:
- Compliance checks with advice and support to identify your obligations;
- Risk assessments through integration of hazard and exposure evaluations, with recommendations on safe practice and appropriate control measures;
- Reviews to scope, assess and interpret evidence and emerging issues;
- Evidence appraisal to inform policy, guidance and standards development;
- Development of in-house exposure limits and safety data sheets;
- Bespoke training to understand and manage risks.
For further information and to discuss your requirements, contact Steve Hankin +44 (0)131 449 8000, firstname.lastname@example.org